The Olander family of companies are a full-line distributor of standard and metric fasteners, including commercial and specialty fasteners, precision hardware, electromechanical components, tools, adhesives, and wire management products. We are currently looking for an Inside Sales Representative to join our Washington team.
Meet or exceed sales goals using a combination of selling skills, product knowledge, and order administration abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer incoming sales calls and assist customers with general inquiries, quotes, and order placement.
- Conduct outgoing sales calls to new prospects introducing Olander with the goal of creating new business.
- Follow up on newly created accounts and first-time callers and profile customer’s business, contacts and types of products we might sell to them.
- Process price quotations and product availability
- Maximize selling opportunities in assigned accounts by identifying substitute and complimentary items for sale to customer.
- Enter orders following procedures and per customer specifications.
- Respond to customer return requests and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain Prophet 21 to fully support operating procedures.
- Ability to work and to interact with customers and employees while demonstrating tact, sensitivity, discretion, and professionalism.
- Maintain professionalism & exercise good judgement in all activities.
- Additional duties per the managers request
- Associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in a technical sales environment demonstrating successful inside sales techniques, field sales support, detailed communication, and excellent customer service.
- Distribution experience, hard goods preferred, fastener or industrial experience a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including CRM maintenance, Quoting, and Order Management. Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in writing clear and concise communications internally and externally.
- Be a role model for company culture.
May require extensive walking, sitting, and standing.
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance.